Cooper is like most toddlers and can be darn picky with what he wants to eat. But he LOVES this dish! (Of course toddlers don’t mess with things like lettuce leaves, so he prefers just a big bowl )
TURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS
1 1/2 lbs raw 93% lean ground turkey breast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 bell pepper (any color), finely chopped
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup tomato sauce, no sugar added (4 oz.)
6 large lettuce leaves, washed and dried (I used butter lettuce)
1 medium tomato
optional – dollop of greek or plain yogurt on top
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink.
2. Add garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika and oregano and mix.
3. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until soft
4. Add water and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low + cover + cook for 10-12 more minutes.
5. Fill each lettuce leaf evenly with mixture and top with yogurt
*makes 6 large servings.
21-Day Fix: 1 red + 1 green per serving
recipe part of the 21-Day Fix Extreme book