You might have been subjected to this cheesy photo on my Facebook page on Thursday. For this 2nd exposure, I apologize.
But guys…I was just so darn excited about trying my first meal delivery service!!
So a few things first:
– YES. I LOVE to cook. And I’m actually quite good at it. It’s just honestly one of my favorite things to do (I LOVE the process of cooking and the process of feeding people I love good food).
– But I SUCK at meal planning. I suck royally. I research recipes, start to write down all the ingredients I need to buy at the store and then I get distracted by a butterfly or a shiny object and things don’t get done. Or something like that.
– All of this results in an unhappy husband come 6:15pm.
So I asked all of the amazing readers on my Facebook page WHICH of the 3 meal delivery services they would recommend: Plated, Blue Apron or Hello Fresh? Great things were said about ALL THREE…so I thought, “Oh what the golly!! I’ll just try all 3 and share my thoughts on the blog!!”
So I placed my Plated order on a Tuesday and this box arrived on Thursday. Crazy.
– I ordered 3 meals for 2 people (although honestly each has so far yielded plenty of leftovers…even with Cooper eating also) for $72.00 including shipping/handling.
– Plated allows you to choose your meals from a new menu each week, so you are never stuck with something that doesn’t sound all that great.
– You can choose exclusions and preferences (so I selected no pasta since we don’t eat it often in our house).
Our first THREE meals were:
1) Sweet Potato Lasagna
2) Chicken Cassoulet
3) Braised Cod with Chard
All of the ingredients are packed in this cooler and are incredibly fresh + high quality. All items are organic and properly labeled and organized.
The directions are laid out step-by-step with photos…so even my husband could possibly make this for me one night (haha…that was funny. Okay, let’s get back to being serious). But really…if YOU aren’t the best in the kitchen these meals will have everyone fooled.
HUSBAND TAKE: I have now made the Sweet Potato Lasagna and the Chicken Cassoulet and my husband RAVED about both of them. He requested the Sweet Potato Lasagna again for next week already!
MY TAKE: They were fun + easy to make and it was just SUCH a relief to have everything all ready to go. Both were delicious. One of the best parts?? I was able to modify to fit my current 21-Day Fix Extreme program (for instance the Chicken dish below calls for Panko breadcrumbs and some cheese on top but I left these ingredients out. It still tasted awesome!)
So I would say that we’ll definitely be receiving orders from Plated in the future!! Now I can’t wait to try the other two services to compare
So have YOU ever used one of these services?! If so, what was your experience?!
xo – Marion